In Windows 2008 Server PowerShell Version 1 is available as a Server Feature. To install PowerShell Version 1, use Server Manager MMC snap-in. The PowerShell Version 2 is available for download at Microsoft website.
1) Open Server Manager MMC snap-in by right clicking the "Computer" from Start Menu and selecting "Manage" from context menu. Open the "Features" node.
2) Click Add Features, to open Add Features Wizard. Check "Windows PowerShell" and click "Next" to continue.
3) In Confirm Installation Selections Screen, Click "Install".
4) Click "Close" in the Installation Results screen to complete the installation.
5) Now you can open PowerShell Version 1 from Start > All Programs > Windows PowerShell.