The impact of Denial of Service (DoS) attack can be minimized if you
take precaution against it. The following tips can help in minimizing the Denial of Service (DoS) attack.
• Monitor the server's system performance and tabulate normal operating activity for disk, CPU, and network traffic. Monitor the server's system performance to detect any deviation from above values.
• Monitor the amount of network packets and the type of nature that travel through your network or gateways.
• Update your softwares with any available update and always watch reports from security organizations about any new threat.
• Implement network security devices which can detect any Denial of Service (DoS) attack.
• Record the details of any Denial of Service (DoS) attack to prevent future attacks. Log and report the following details.
1) The time of the attack
2) Your IP address at the time of attack
3) The attacker's IP address
4) Other details and the nature of attack
• Report the details of attack to your Service Provider and seek their help.