Before starting the installation of Windows 2008 Server, make sure that the computers meet the hardware requirements of Windows Server 2008. Prepare the computer for the Operating System installation and set the BIOS to boot the computer from DVD drive.
Windows 2008 Server can be installed manually by sitting in front of the computer or by network installation using Windows Deployment Services. Here we will learn how to install Windows 2008 Server manually by siting in front of the computer.
1) Place Windows 2008 Server DVD in DVD drive and power on the computer. First screen you get is the Language and Other Preferences. Select the language, time and currency format and input method in this screen. Click "Next" to continue.
2) Click the "Install Now" button to move to next screen. You have an option to repair the computer also in this screen.
3) Enter the Windows 2008 product key in next screen. Click "Next" to continue.
4) Select the Windows 2008 edition which you have purchased in next screen. Check the check box "I have selected the edition of Windows that I have purchased" and click "Next" to continue.
5) Accept Windows 2008 license terms in next screen by checking the "I accept the license terms" check box, and click "Next" to continue.
6) Select the installation type in next screen by clicking "Custom" button. Upgrade is desabled since this is a new installation.
7) Select the drive where you want to install Windows 2008 Server. You can also click the "Drive optione" to create a new disk layout or to format a volume.
8) Windows 2008 installation will start now and you can watch the progress in next screen. Once the installation is over the computer will reboot to your new installation.
9) Change the administrator password after the reboot by clicking the "OK" button.
10) Enter the new password and confirm it in the next screen.
11) Click "OK" in "Your password has been changed" screen.
12) Your Windows 2008 Server is up and running... Be ready to start exploring it.