1) Backup jobs can be scheduled using Windows Server 2003 Backup tool (ntbackup.exe). To schedule a backup for files or folders, run Windows Server 2003 Backup tool (ntbackup.exe). To run Windows Server 2003 Backup tool (ntbackup.exe), type ntbackup in run dialog box and hit Enter or click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup.
By default Windows Server 2003 Backup tool (ntbackup.exe) run in wizard mode. To change to Advanced mode, uncheck the Always Start In Wizard Mode check box, click Advanced Mode and then click the Backup tab.
2)Select the folder to backup in the left pane. We have selected the Planning folder, which is inside the Data folder. Planning folder has a blue check mark, meaning a complete backup, whereas the Data folder (parent) folder has a greyed out check mark, indicating a partial backup. Enter the destination file name at "Backup media or file name". If a tape device is not connected to your computer, File is the only backup media type that is available in the Backup destination box. In the Backup media or file name box If you are backing up to a file, specify a path and file name for the backup (.bkf) file. If you are backing up to tape, click the tape that you want to use.
Click menu "Job" and then click "Save Selections". Enter a suitable name and them click "Save".
3) Click "Start Backup" button and then click "Schedule" button.
4) In the Job name box, type a name for the scheduled backup job, and then click Properties.
5) In the Schedule Task box, select the frequency of the backup job, and then in the Start time box, specify a time when you want the backup to run, and then click "OK". You can also change other settings in the "Settings" tab.
6) On the Set Account Information dialog box, type a user name and password of the user whom you want to run the scheduled backup for, and then click OK. Click "OK".
7) The backup job will be listed on the calendar on the Schedule Jobs tab, as shown below.