How to add a Command button to Excel Ribbon's Group
Once you have created a custom Tab and a custom group, you can start adding command buttons to Excel Ribbon's Group. To add a command button to Group, follow these steps.
Step 1 - Right-click anywhere on Excel Ribbon and then select "Customize the Ribbon", as shown in below image.
"Excel Options" window is opened and its "Customize Ribbon" Panel is displayed as shown below.
"Excel Options" window to customize Excel Ribbon can be opened by following methods also.
• Click the "File" tab in Excel Ribbon and then click "Options". Select "Customize Ribbon" Panel.
• Right-click anywhere on the "Quick Access Toolbar" (except on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" drop-down button). Click "Customize Ribbon".
Step 2 - As you can see from the above image, there are two lists in "Customize Ribbon" Panel.
• Left-side list contains all the commands available in Excel, including the commands which are not placed in any inbuilt Ribbon Tab.
• Right-side list repesents the commands inside Excel Ribbon.
You may select a command or a macro from left-side list and add to right-side list.
Step 2 - Select the command which you need to add to Excel Ribbon's custom Group from the left-side list. Select the custom Group from right-side list, where you want to add the command. Click "Add" button.
You can see that the commad is added to right-side list, as shown below.
Click "OK" to finish adding command to Excel Ribbon Group.
Note that commands can be added only to Groups. You cannot add a command directly to Excel Ribbon's Tab. If you try to add a command directly to Excel Ribbon's Tab, following error message will be displayed.
Click the following links to learn
• How to create and add a Custom Tab in Excel Ribbon
• How to create and add Custom Group in Excel Ribbon's Tab